Mostly people get depressed time to time so, theres an eternal question if is a real illness???
So I check and learned some of the articles about depression which conclude:
Depression is a real illness as it involves the mental, emotional and even physical faculties of the person. It is not just a transient sad feeling that will go away when one wills it to. There are
There are three types of depressive disorders: major depressive
Its less severe counterpart is
Bipolar disorder is also a
Because depression is an illness, there are symptoms. Again, they are the following:
1. Persistent "empty" feeling
2. Unbelievable hopelessness
3. Feeling guilty and worthless all the time
4. Lack or loss of interests in activities that used to bring joy to the patient and this includes sex.
5. Prominent fatigue
6. Has a difficult time making decisions
7. Development of sleep problems
10. Pronounced irritability
The good news is at the end of this dark tunnel called depression, there is hope. Treatment is available in three types: psychotherapy, antidepressant medicine and the combination of the two. There are also times when electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and light therapy are employed.
So I guess, might it helps you what stage of depression are you..
Mine?? I guess I have it all :P